Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's about time for an update!!

Ok so I've been a big blog slacker!! It's almost been 2 months since I've posted anything and trust me it's not been cause life has been boring and nothing to report!! Life has been anything but boring these last few months. So let me start at way back from November where I last left off....

After my road trip to see all my wonderful friends and their new babies things took off! November proved to be one of the busiest months ever for our office. We had a huge patient load and made the best numbers thus far in our short three year existence. So that alone kept me busy as I tried to learn how to handle more employees and more patients. I've had a couple issues with employees who aren't getting alone or pullng their weight so I've been learning alot about what I don't know as a supervisor and trying to learn really fast so I can deal with all this new found business.

As Thanksgiving approached things started to slow up a bit at work and got ready to head back to St. Louis for a whirlwind Thanksgiving trip. My parents really wanted to come to Kansas City to see my brother's new place and but my sister could not get off work. I decided to take the train home for a short 24 hours to enjoy turkey dinner with the family and then ride back to KC with my parents the next day to spend the long weekend with them and my brother. It was lots of fun to see everyone and get to hear all about my brother's recent trip to Africa! Below is a picture of part of the family on Thanksgiving night at my aunt's house.

Thanksgiving came and went and I started thinking that it was time to move on and get ready for Christmas...my favorite time of the year!! That very weekend my roomies and I all gathered together and set up our tree and decked out the house with lights and decor! We even decorated our deck with lights this year...sorry no pictures of that...maybe I'll get a shot before we dismantle everything. It was fun to get decorated and start feeling festive. I enjoyed watching all the classic Christmas movies as they come on tv. We made lots of fires in our fireplace as December entered with a blast of cold air and weekly gifts of snow/ice...argh!

The week before Christmas came really fast and all of a sudden I paniced...only a week til Chirstmas and only one present bought!! I had a couple parties that week and the kids program at church to help organize...whew! I had a stress out moment and then did what I do best...made a list of what had to be done when and plowed ahead. The presents all got bought after a few very frustrating shopping trips and the kids program at church went beautifully. Below is a picture of me, Lilly (on of the kiddos from church) and Veronica (corrdinator of children's ministry at church) the morning that the kids sang.

Once the program at church was finished I took a deep breath and realized....I am now offically on vacation!!! Nothing left to be responsible for just get packed and get on the road home! I spend Sunday doing laundry and wrapping presents. I got home safe and sound and settled in. In the week that I was home my sister, my mom, and I did two puzzles, baked lots of treats, and watched plently of old movies! It was ultra relaxing and I'm not quite sure how well I'm going to adjust to working again!

Christmas day was a blast! We had my mom's family over at our house and everyone was blessed with lots of presents!! My parents made out quite well this year....they are finally getting the pay back now that 2 out of the 3 of us are out of college and working full time. Saturday night we headed to my dad's sister's house for his family get together. It probably had been about 4 years since I had seen most of those folks and it was a blast to reconnect and see how all the second cousins have grown and changed!! I took about a billion pictures over the Chistmas weekend so I'll just post a couple of the better ones below.


Ok that is the last few months in a nutshell. I will try to do better about posting in the new year but I make no promises!! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

B-blog said...

Sounds like some awesome time with family!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I'd say its about time for an update. Your hair is getting long! We really should get together in the next couple of weeks. Love ya!