Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Desk, New Adventure

Yesterday was a tough day at the office...it was Milli's last day, which was sad cause Milli was the first person who I got to train up front with me and she was such an awesome team player and a wonderful friend! She always had the most random and funny stories to tell and made the work day more fun! She is getting ready to be a mommy which is very exciting!!

The other rough thing was that I lost my, near 2 month, battle of moving my desk. I have had the same desk since I started working here, and it really is the most logically place for me to have a desk given what my daily tasks are. Well, for some reason our doctor decided that it would be a good idea for me to move across the front desk area. This now puts be across from everything I need to do my job! When he first told me about this I was against it and told him it wouldn't be very efficient or practically for me to move my desk. He wasn't budging on the issue so I just let it fall to the back burner for awhile. Last week he brought it up again and I decided that since he was the boss I probably should just go along with his idea and just endure the annoyance. Probably should have done that from the very beginning but my strong willed nature didn't want to do that! Yesterday the computer tech came and moved me over to the other side of the office.

Let me just mention that the biggest deal of all this was that I HATE change! I like for everything to stay in a neat little box and never change. So moving my whole work environment about sent me into an 'OCD' breakdown and lossing yet another co-worker was just a bummer! As someone once said..."If you don't change you die"...I know that change is good and that things won't ever just stay the same forever. I just hope I can keep my sanity amist the many changes. God is faithful and He will get me through all the madness, as long as, I run to Him and not try to bear it on my own.

3 comments:

B-blog said...

Oh, Hannah! I miss having you at your old desk too! What a pain. I agree about change. I'm not good at change either.

Point Man Ministry said...

I have no idea where you get your strong will and stubbon attitude. My guess is that it comes from your mother.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Oh Hannah. I miss you so much! I hate your desk change. It really is a bad idea. I hope you are getting used to it. I love your quote from wise old Dwight! There are so many changes going on right now. Just hang in there, it will all work out!!!