Friday, August 29, 2008

St. Louie for Labor Day

This weekend I am at home in St. Louis. My brother and I have headed home for the long weekend. We had an eventful ride last night as we drove through some of the heaviest rain I've ever driven/ridden through! It was a strong down pour with hail mixed in for the first half of the trip, which made our normally 3-4 hour trip into a 5 hour trip. But we arrived safe and sound so that's all that really matters.

Today we made a trip to the Anheuser Busch Brewery and took a tour. Budweiser is just about as much of a St. Louis landmark item as the Arch. I am not really a beer drinking at all, but it was really neat to go and see the process of how they make the beer and hear the story of how the company was developed and how it has survived various ups and downs since 1876. It was also interesting to learn that beer is the 3rd most popular beverage in the world behind water and tea. Living in the U.S. and seeing how much our country seems to love beer, I was surprised it wasn't second to water!

After the brewery tour, my parents and brother, and I headed to Forest Park to have a picnic. It was such a beautiful day and it was fun to get out and enjoy it a bit of it. Once home it was time to relax a bit and then think about dinner. I am so blessed to have a mom who is an AMAZING cook and it's always so nice to have her home cookin' again! We had a great summer meal of pork steaks, potato salad, corn on the cob, deviled eggs, and fruit salad. Things just seem to taste better when mom makes them! All my favorite things in one meal...doesn't get much better then that!!

Below are some pictures from the day:
The famous Clydesdales:

My brother and I outside one of the brewery buildings:Me with my parents inside the lobby area of the tourist center:
Our tour trolley:

2 comments:

B-blog said...

Did you get to see the horse from the commercial?!

Hannah said...

Hank wasn't at this location..bummer but we saw the cute dalmation!