Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Light at the End of the Tunnel

So today was one of the worst and best days of work that I've had in awhile. It was the worst because today was my first day in over a year that I've had to work alone without by side kick, Bethany. Of course we've taken vacations and been apart but this was so final...she really isn't coming back...yikes! It was also one of the worst because I was working solo all morning with a very packed patients schedule. We has been open for literally 2 min and I had very line on hold and two people in line to check out....where do this people come from at 7:30am seriously! Then the last part...I worked for 13 hours in one day...madness!!

Ok so now to the good part! I got a call Monday night from my supervisor saying that Dr. Tague had hired the girl that I had interview and really liked!! Her name is Sharon and the best part is that she was able to start right away. She started this morning! She is really smart and very pleasant. I think we will get along really well. She is catching onto everything very quickly...I am very impressed! It was a little crazy trying to train and run the front alone but Sharon jumped right in and helped where she could and was patient with me as I tried to juggle everything. She is an answer to prayer for sure!!

So with that said...I think the light at the tunnel is finally coming into view. The next week or so will still be busy as I get Sharon up to speed, but it's comforting to know she's there and very competent for the job ahead!

2 comments:

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I have been way out of the blog loop for a week or so, so just got caught up on you. First off, i'm glad you had a good trip to St. Loui abd survived the storm. Who knew beer was so popular. Did you get to sample any? Be honest.
Secondly, I'm so happy they hired someone for the job. I want to hear all about her!!! That would be so stressfull all by yourself, and why the heck 13 hours? You mustv'e not had a lunch.
Hang in there and take care of yourself. I miss you!!!

Laura said...

He's gone!!!! =)