Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Crazy Life

I never really posted an "about me" post on here...so here it goes. I am so blessed to have a great family and awesome friends in my life. I grew up in good ol' Saint Louie and lived in the same house until I headed to KC for college. Half-way through college my parents decided to move the fam to a luxurious condo a little bit west of where we grew up....okay so the condo isn't really all that luxurious and it was only a 10 min move but being up rooted from my childhood home while at college was a little tramatic...no worries I have fully recovered from the experience ;)

Growing up I stayed super busy with school, youth group, work (worked at Target forever!), hanging with friends, and babysitting. Senior year rolled around and I didn't have a clue what I wanted to be when I grew up...scary time! I hate not knowing what the plan is and I was pretty much in the dark as far as my life plan was concerned. So after much thought and prayer and I came to the conclusion....I didn't know what I wanted to do...profound I know! So I decide to follow in my big bros footsteps and move to Kansas City, MO and attend Calvary Bible College. I didn't really know what to major but chose counseling...figured with all the crazy people in this world I would get to use those skills no matter where I ended up..been proven true thus far (one word: Mike)!

Well, before I knew it my senior year of college was half over and I had to really figure out what my life plan was...I'm totally freaking out now! I again throught and prayed alot and decided to look at work in an office somewhere as a receptionist or something. Anyone who knows me even a little knows that I am an organized, clean freak! I enjoy paperwork and organizing all the details of things. I got online one day and looked up job openings at doctor's offices in the KC area (I always had an interest in medical stuff but could deal with anything gross). The first job I applied at I got a few days later and I've been there ever since (2 yrs). I've moved from being the sole receptionist to the supervisior of the whole office! Wow...time sure does fly!

So....that's catches us up now to the present. I stay busy now chillin' at home with my roomies, helping out at church with the kiddos, talking to Aaron or my fam on the phone (wish they were all close enough to see and not just talk to!), and of course keepin' up with all the shows on TV! Summer TV stinks though so I'm actually reading and getting outside now...shocking I know! :-)

Well, hope that helps give a grander picture of the crazy life I lead. It gets crazy at times but I am truly blessed and thankful for all the good times and sometimes even the not so good times.

Here's a few pics:

Maggie, my parents dog wearing my slippers :-)
The Fam:

1 comment:

Point Man Ministry said...

I believe that our condo is luxurious. At least the LOWER LEVEL is high and dry.