Sunday, July 13, 2008

Just a Trim...


The title of this post were my words to my hair sylist yesterday. I went into a salon that I've gone to a handful of times and told my usually lady that I was just wanting a trim to shape up my current style and cut my bangs. I am headed to camp this week with church and just wanted a fresh cut so my hair would behave and be easier to style, etc. Things started off rather normal...nice washing of the hair and general trimming of the front portion.

Well...things began to take a turn for the worse when she moved to the back of my head. I started seeing longer pieces of hair falling into my lap and started getting a sick feeling in my gut. I again told her I really didn't want much length off in back just a trim of my layers. She said oh I know I'm just doing some texturizing. I was still rather nervous cause of the hair that was in my lap and not on my head!! So thankfully the salon phone rang and she went to answer it and I started feeling my hair or as I found out the lack there of! I realized the back felt rather short and os when she came back I told her it was getting much shorter then I wanted and that I thought she should just even things out and be done!

I could tell she felt bad cause she took an eternity styling it which I didn't like how she styled it anyways! I just wanted her to let me out of there so I could go home and try to figure out what the heck she had done!! I got home and had a few moments of panic as I realized my simple trim had turned into cutting off almost 2 inches and creating a new style. Once my panic attack was over and I had styled it how I wanted I actually liked it ok. It's still taking some getting used to but it's not terrible and hair grows so in a couples months I'll be back were I started again.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oooh nooooo! Hannah I'm sooo sorry! I hate that feeling when a trim turns into a severe chopping! On the bright side--you always have cute hair so I'm SURE it'll look super cute no matter what happens to it!!! =)

B-blog said...

I think it looks so good! At least you didn't cut your own bangs really short like someone else I know :)