Monday, July 21, 2008

Raise the Blaze 2008

Raise the Blaze was the name of our camp this past week. I had a blast and was truly blessed by the girls who I had in my room and the messages that were presented at camp. I was a little nervous about going to camp mainly because I didn't really know any of the youth that were going but as soon as we got on the road to camp I started bonding with the girls and it proved to be an awesome week!

We had a slight detour on the way to camp. The exit we needed to take was poorly marked and before we knew it we were about an hour too far down south. We turned around and got back on the right track. The detour ended up being a blessing cause we were going to be at camp way before check in and we weren't quite sure what we were going to do to that fill time.

Once we got to camp we all got checked in and unloaded and headed to supper. This camp was very well organized and had fairly decent food. From that point on we were busy non-stop. We had two chapel session each day, one in the morning and then again at night. We were blessed to have the group Shachah lead us in worship at chapel as well as play a concert one night. We had games, pool time, and free time each day and some of us from our group headed into Osage Beach one day to do some shopping at the outlet malls. Of course we had to pull a few pranks on the guys and they for sure pulled some on us girls...however we way out did them!! ;-)

Camp was awesome and I am so glad that I went!! I have a whole group of new friends now and was so blessed by the group of youth that came from our church.

This is me with my girls that I had in my room for the week:
Maddie, Bailey, and Me:

1 comment:

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I want to go next year? Seriously they need to make camps like that for adults!