Friday, July 25, 2008

Tour of Downtown KC

My sister (Bethany) is in town this week and so last night her and I headed downtown to my brother's (Bill) house for supper. I was very impressed with his cooking skills! He made us a delicious stuffed pasta dish with salad and bread on the side...very gourmet! After supper we headed out for a walk which was awesome because he lives right in the heart of downtown! We got to see all the main areas of the city and even catch a few minutes of a free concert by Jason Alden at the Power and Light District. One of the areas we walked by was the Library District. Downtown KC has a huge library and the parking garage is painted to look like books. Here is my sister standing in front of one of the titles. She lives in Hannibal, MO, the home of Mark Twain, so I made her stand by this book.
After our tour of downtown we enjoyed some ice cream and tried to take a group photo. It was hard to squeeze all our heads into one picture...good thing Bill has long arms! We will have to find someone to take a better picture of us all before Beth heads home.
This last picture is of me in front of the Dwight building. I have no idea what is in this building, but I had to have my picture in front of it in tribute of Dwight from The Office. We have nicknamed Mike at my office Dwight and this was just a priceless moment.

No comments: